Author Topic: Intercooler  (Read 9608 times)

Offline deFuzster

• Web Admin
  • Hard Core
  • SOOTY !
  • Vehicle Make: Toyota
  • Vehicle Model: 80 Series
Re: Intercooler
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 05:03:30 PM »
 ??? :)) :)) :))
[ ][ ]=TOYOTA=[ ][ ]
Only a 4WDer knows a good snatch

Cheiffy

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
You are supposed to keep this on topic rod!!! What you seem to be offering there is part 2 of cheiffy's dvd

Turn it up Ollie, Long and Fat if you want that part. Otherwise, you would want to be content acting in my shadow...

Hang on, here come the fun police...Mauritsssss

Cheers

Cheiffy

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Core
  • Charlie Bear
  • Vehicle Make: Other
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

Rumpig's setup works well and has proven itself over time

you got me thinking about how old my intercooler is when you mentioned this.....i bought it with the baby bonus we got when Makensie was born (thank you tax payers  8) 8) ) and she has just turned 5, so it's nearly 5 years old now.
Just a heads up...Jeff has changed his signature due to being foolish enough to leave his account logged on when he borrowed my phone.
I preferred his signature i'd written there myself before he changed it...lol
Nice try Grasshopper!!!!!

Cloutys

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 05:59:22 AM »
You are supposed to keep this on topic rod!!! What you seem to be offering there is part 2 of cheiffy's dvd

Turn it up Ollie, Long and Fat if you want that part. Otherwise, you would want to be content acting in my shadow...

Hang on, here come the fun police...Mauritsssss

Cheers

Cheiffy

I was on topic :-X
Mine is short and fat... The only thing I'm disappointed about it is the rubber ring on top of the intercooler, it has distorted a bit...

Cloutys

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 06:02:36 AM »
You could lower you car as we all know hot air rises so the lower you go the colder the flow...

I live with fear everyday and sometimes she lets me race...
Install it on the diff and run all the pipe work  through engine bay... That should work..

Fathom

Intercooler
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 06:04:29 AM »
Can anyone explain the difference in construction of a TMIC and FMIC?

I understand the pros and cons of the different locations but can not find any information relating to what the actual physical construction differences are between the two?

I have bought a universal FMIC and am thinking of running it as a TMIC through making up the appropriate frame work and cutting the hole in the bonnet however I don't want to do this and then find out there is a fundamental difference in construction?

Ok.. The cores will almost probably be the same... Unless they are different.. But I suspect not.. You could make a call to a place that sells them to confirm this..  They would differ in construction ie: port and fin size... by brand but not by fundamental concept.. It would just be shape and mounting points that would be different subjective to where the manufacturer was trying to brace them to get strength.
Original question answered...
As to if it will lower EGT's.. I tend to agree with what previous posters have said. However it's a moot point. You have the IC already, it will help your truck with maybe some mild power gains.. Once you fit it you will know your answer for sure in regard to EGT's.
But if you decide to go with my pool idea.. Patent pending... There will be a fee.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:34:22 AM by Fathom »

Mittens

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 04:38:42 PM »
Hey, for me and mine, if you go front mount, where? In front of the radiator or where the winch is/will be or lower still, where those big nasty rocks are? If there was a safe place to fit it in front, i and a lot of others would have done it already.
As for egt, if you go really fast backwards, would you not force cold air up the exaust and lower egt's?

Offline Kris

• Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Toyota
  • Vehicle Model: Landcruiser
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Glen,

The intercooler is in the garage. I will fit it when I get a chance and will be sure to let you know what result I get.

Kris