Author Topic: HID Headlights  (Read 4643 times)

Offline deFuzster

• Web Admin
  • Hard Core
  • SOOTY !
  • Vehicle Make: Toyota
  • Vehicle Model: 80 Series
HID Headlights
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »
From the trip on the weekend, I had a few guys ask about the HID kit's that I have fitted to Sooty.

Here are the links:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160794081252

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160794102022

In both cases they are for H4 type bulbs, 6000K colour temp (ice white) and 55W AC. The kits come complete with full plug and play wiring harnesses. Total time to fit is about 20 minutes. For you guys with Patrols, the Nissan wiring is CRAP! the wiring is far too small for what we are looking for. The wiring harnesses in these kits connect direct to the battery and only use the factory wiring for switching. From there dedicated relays supply power to the ballasts and bulbs. No need to further upgrade your wiring harnesses.
Current price for these kits is $52 delivered ex Hong Kong.

I think in one of the listings you can customize what bulb type and colour you want so make sure you select whatever is appropriate.

In the H4, you can get both high beam only and hi/low. These listings are for hi/low kits.

If you are looking at going in this direction, I strongly suggest you look at AC kits not the older DC kits. The easiest way to tell is that the AC kits have an additional little black box on the high voltage leads.

Anyhow, that's the links. BTW, I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, I'm just a fellow eBay junkie that likes to share a win every now and again.
[ ][ ]=TOYOTA=[ ][ ]
Only a 4WDer knows a good snatch

Offline Hangman

• Treasurer/Membership Officer
  • Committee
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: Jackaroo 3.1
Re: HID Headlights
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
Thanks mate, have been ordered
"Wax on Wax off"........... The Karate Kid(1984)

DipStick

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to point out that HID's in your low beams are illegal if you don't have the proper fittings :'(. these 'proper' fittings include high presser washers and leveling devices to be fitted so that other road users don't get blinded. i have 55w HID's in the high and low beam and have had no trouble with legalities, although i did adjust the low beams down a bit so as not to blind to many people. to be honest, I'd still fit HID's in the low beams in spite of the leagal issues due to the amount of light obtained from them 8).

Offline deFuzster

• Web Admin
  • Hard Core
  • SOOTY !
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »
Yeah, technically you also have to change the reflector and the lens to suit the a HID. It's also a defect to have HID bulbs with a halogen lens and reflector.

But it's also prohibited to run 33" tyres and go over a 2" lift, and to have a gps mounted on the viewable area of the windscreen, or have a uhf aerial mounted in the view of the driver, etc., etc., etc.

good pick up though.
[ ][ ]=TOYOTA=[ ][ ]

DipStick

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »
hahaha, i was just about to ask what the maximum lift allowable was in QLD. but 2 inch max???

when i started to modify my cruiser i told myself that i would keep everything leagal becuase of my red P plates.... well, what new years resolution that turned out to be   ???

Offline deFuzster

• Web Admin
  • Hard Core
  • SOOTY !
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »
LOL

Yep, i think we all made that one!  :D
[ ][ ]=TOYOTA=[ ][ ]

Offline Kris

• Hard Core
  • Vehicle Model: Landcruiser
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 07:26:21 AM »
Just jumped on the HID band wagon.....

Ordered 55W 5000K HB4 Lowbeam Bulbs and 55W 6000K HB3 Highbeam bulbs....... This should be interesting  ;D ;D

Plus a 55W 6000K Conversion Kit for my Lightforce XGT.....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:40:35 AM by Kris »

Offline deFuzster

• Web Admin
  • Hard Core
  • SOOTY !
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
Just jumped on the HID band wagon.....

Ordered 55W 5000K HB4 Lowbeam Bulbs and 55W 6000K HB3 Highbeam bulbs....... This should be interesting  ;D ;D

Plus a 55W 6000K Conversion Kit for my Lightforce XGT.....

Awesome!
[ ][ ]=TOYOTA=[ ][ ]