Author Topic: 80 Channel UHF CB Launch  (Read 3576 times)

UHFCB

80 Channel UHF CB Launch
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
The ACMA and UHF CB Australia today confirmed that the new UHF CB radio class licence is now officially in force meaning that UHF CB radio operators now have access to the newly revised 80 channel allocation To find out more about the new 80 channel UHF CB allocation visit

Fathom

80 Channel UHF CB Launch
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »
Welcome to the site! :) Its so nice to meet you! Always a pleasure to have new people come and introduce themselves, I hope on day you can find your way up from South Yarra Vic to attend a meeting or one of our trips :) :0 :) :0

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Core
  • Charlie Bear
  • Vehicle Make: Other
80 Channel UHF CB Launch
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
nothing i love more then someones first post on our website being to try and sell us something :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just a heads up...Jeff has changed his signature due to being foolish enough to leave his account logged on when he borrowed my phone.
I preferred his signature i'd written there myself before he changed it...lol
Nice try Grasshopper!!!!!

Offline Longman

• 4WD Class
  • I'm not stuck... just thinking
  • Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi
  • Vehicle Model: MN Triton GLX-R
80 Channel UHF CB Launch
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:08:57 PM »
Ummm, I don't think they're trying to sell you anything Mal. I think it's just to inform everyone on the latest updates on the whole UHF transition to narrow band. They're on other forums with the same info....
I've reached that age where my brain went from

"You probably shouldn't say that"

....to....

"What the hell, let's just see what happens!"

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Core
  • Charlie Bear
  • Vehicle Make: Other
80 Channel UHF CB Launch
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »
Quote from: Alymar
Ummm, I don't think they're trying to sell you anything Mal. I think it's just to inform everyone on the latest updates on the whole UHF transition to narrow band. They're on other forums with the same info....
i haven't bothered to click on the link and see what it is, usually anyone who's first post is about a product they are affiliated with, is usually trying to sell something i have found over the years. i'd prefer they introduced themselves first up to the club and why they have decided to visit our website for a purpose other then selling something, then i might take an interest in the link provided.
Just a heads up...Jeff has changed his signature due to being foolish enough to leave his account logged on when he borrowed my phone.
I preferred his signature i'd written there myself before he changed it...lol
Nice try Grasshopper!!!!!

Offline Poncho

• 4WD Class
    • Adrian Blog
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: Patrol GU 4.2 ST Ute
80 Channel UHF CB Launch
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »
The website looks like an organisation and not a company, they don't seem to sell anything and the website has lots of info on CB Usage in Australia (Repeater locations etc.). Seems to be a courtesy post on our forums to notify the club as a whole about the changes in the easiest way possible.