Author Topic: Day trip Lockyer state forest  (Read 158 times)

Offline Pig dog

• President
  • Committee
  • 4WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
Day trip Lockyer state forest
« on: June 16, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »

We meet up at the BP at Haisleigh car park with every keeping there social distancing. on this trip, we had Daniel, Gary, Sandy, Robyn, Darryl, Glenn, Alex, Keith, Keryle, David, and myself. We headed down the highway turned into Marburg then drove through Rosewood, Grandchester, and Laidley we stopped at Home Hill for a comfort stop at the park.

After our stop, we headed towards Gatton then turned right towards Esk near the Gatton Goal we headed on the dirt through Lockyer Forest the track was quite dusty in places and so the convey got covered in dust. After driving through the forest we headed to Gus Buetell Lookout.

When we got to the lookout we found a stop for lunch amongst all the other people escaping the isolation and enjoying the outdoors. We all sat around telling tales about being in lockdown with Robyn breaking out the famous rocky road that Darryl and Robyn make.

After our lunch break and a look around the lookout, we headed towards Murphy's Creek. Once we got to Murphy's Creek we headed towards the highway then back home to Brisbane to give the cars a wash and watch the NRL on TV.

It was just a day trip but it was great to just get out and enjoy the Motley member's company.           

Offline Hangman

• Treasurer/Membership Officer
  • Committee
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: Jackaroo 3.1
Re: Day trip Lockyer state forest
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 07:05:43 PM »
Home Hill? Forest Hill. Sorry I lived at Laidley for 3 years. A picture of the Lockyer pub featured in the Queensland pavilion at Expo 88
Great report, good to see Motleys out again.
" My Precious "........... The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers(2002)