Author Topic: Goos Family Farm - March 2019  (Read 285 times)

Offline Q

• Senior Vice President & Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Committee
  • 2WD Class
  • Don't follow me cos you probably won't make it
  • Vehicle Make: Ford
  • Vehicle Model: Maverick
Goos Family Farm - March 2019
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:47:27 PM »
Goos Family Farm - 02 March 2019
Goos Family Farm, Bishops Road, Adare

Trip Leader: Quinton (Q)
Attendees: Sam, Rick & Sue Joy, Scott Roberts,
Visitors: Jason Bichel, Lisa & Family, Mack Royden
Saturday morning about 0910hrs, I arrived with Sam and we met Darryl (the owner of the property) in the campground area.

We set up a couple of Gazebos and some chairs and tables then quickly headed out to do some tracks. Darryl was our guide for the day and started us in the many articulation tracks and we were introduced to the levels within the property dotted with coloured drums at the start of each hillclimb.
White – Beginner\first timer
Green – Intermediate driver
Red – Extreme

We then moved on to some really good downhill tracks and continued to follow the creek most of the day. The tracks criss cross the creek from one side of the property all the way to the other. Each track has different grades and the best part is that all tracks join one another so if anyone isn't comfortable they just wait at the bottom or the top.

So lunch time rolled around and we decided to break for lunch. Head back to the campground and fire up the gas cooker and made some lunch, while the kids ran around with the property dog.

After lunch we headed back out and did the other half of the tracks. Again different levels and the owner just telling me to follow the dog as he knew which tracks we wanted to do.
After a whole day out driving the tracks and finding some very difficult tracks we headed back to camp for a few beers and some dinner. After we had dinner, we all packed up and headed home as the rain started heavily right after we finished packing up.

Quinton
"All care and no responsibility" - My motto and I'm sticking by it

Offline Hangman

• Treasurer/Membership Officer
  • Committee
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: Jackaroo 3.1
Re: Goos Family Farm - March 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »
Good report mate. Sounds like a good spot for future trips.
"A martini. Shaken, not stirred"........... Goldfinger(1964)