Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 131 times)

Offline Jade n Bec

• Tyre Kicker
  • Be nice. I'm new to The Motley Crew
Howdy
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
Gday all, we're from the northern end of the gc. My names Jade and my wife is Bec, we have 3 young kids, 13yo girl, 4yo boy and a 2yo girl.
We own a Gu4 wagon that we like to get dirty as much as we can.
I bumped into bad nana recently and she mentioned the group to me ( I hope the antenna is doing its job nana).
We're hoping to meet some like minded family's and get out and about a little more and show the kids this great land we all love so much.
Sadly due to my work hrs you won't see me at many monthly meetings, but we are hoping we will still be allowed to join the crew and do the trips and meet everyone anyway.

Offline Q

• Senior Vice President & Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Committee
  • 2WD Class
  • Don't follow me cos you probably won't make it
  • Vehicle Make: Ford
  • Vehicle Model: Maverick
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:59:34 PM »
Welcome aboard..
Please note that there are some requirements to become a member (take from http://themotleycrew.com.au/membership.html)

"Before a membership can be accepted by the club, the applicant/s must have fulfilled the following conditions:

(i) Submitted a membership application form with the prescribed membership fee

(ii) Attended two activities of the club one of which MUST be a trip. (ie. Day trip or camping trip)

Once the Nomination has fulfilled the requirements specified above the application for membership will be mentioned at the next meeting of the club.

During this meeting the Membership Officer will advise the members that:-

The applicant has completed the requirements of these by laws

The meeting must decide whether to accept or reject the application.

If a majority of the members present at the meeting vote to accept the applicant as a member, the applicant must be accepted as a member for the class of membership applied for.

The secretary of the club must, as soon as practicable after the meeting decides to accept or reject an application, give the applicant a written notice of the decision. "

This is in line with seeing whether the club is a good fit for you and your family and also whether you are a good fit for the club.

I am glad to see that Bad Nanna is still talking to people and endorsing the club.
Keep an eye on the forum as I post up events as far out as I can so that there is plenty of notice and also the Facebook page is always alive (Instagram too).
We have our 10 year event coming up and also Easter and my birthday (still gotta put that one up).
Also our Xmas in July event is on the horizon (this is usually pretty fun filled weekend for the kids also).

We have members all over the Greater Brisbane Area, Beaudesert, Redcliffe, Ipswich so once again welcome aboard and hope to see you out on the tracks soon.
"All care and no responsibility" - My motto and I'm sticking by it

Offline Jade n Bec

• Tyre Kicker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 05:11:13 PM »
Getting to the events won't be a problem guys, in fact we are looking forward to those,
But the monthly meetings we won't be able to attend any, as I work stupid hours and usually start at around 2-3am. So staying out late on a "school" night, is a big impossibility for me.
Is this going to be an issue with anyone?
We will be wanting to join the club

Offline boxxy

• Motley Member
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Mazda
  • Vehicle Model: BT50
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 11:08:29 AM »
Not getting to meetings is not an issue at all mate, we have many members unable to attend meetings due to work commitments
It is not a requirement of membership to attend any meeting, we actually change our membership rules years ago to accommodate exactly your situation

Cheers
Boxxy
I am the king of my castle - when Mrs Boxxy is not at home

Offline Jade n Bec

• Tyre Kicker
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:04 PM »
Awesome, cheers boxy. Guess you'll be seeing us at some adventures then ;)
That is once our trolls motor is finished being rebuilt anyway