Linked Events

• Mount Barney: June 23, 2018 - June 24, 2018Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: Mount Barney  (Read 334 times)

Offline Pig dog

• Snr Vice Pres / Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Committee
  • 4WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
Mount Barney
« on: May 25, 2018, 08:20:29 PM »
Advent: Mt Barney working bee

Date: Saturday 23rd June

Information: The club is heading up to Mt Barney to give Ben a hand. Please bring chainsaws, axes, drag chains, and gloves. We will be camping overnight on Saturday if your heading up on Friday please leave a comment so I can let Ben know people are showing up on Friday. 

Offline joyboy

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • Life to short not to see this country
  • Vehicle Model: patrol gq
Re: Mount Barney
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »
 Where are we  meeting and what time on the Saturday

Offline Pig dog

• Snr Vice Pres / Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Committee
  • 4WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 08:23:52 PM »

I'm not sure. I'm thinking about heading up on Friday depending on a few things.

Offline Badnana

• Motley Member
  • Tyre Kicker
  • Be nice. I'm new to The Motley Crew
  • Vehicle Model: Pathfinder
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
I’m thinking of going up Friday afternoon, and would like to sleep in a cabin don’t know if Dennis is coming at this stage.. Don’t mind if have to share the cabins are big enough for 10 people, and it’s only for 2 nights... I’m bringing up tin food to stock Bens cupboards as well, like fruit, creamed rice, soup, meals... just a thank you for having us up there as well... xoxoxo
Smile - be happy....  :)

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
  • Vehicle Make: Ford
  • Vehicle Model: PJ Ranga
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »
That's a very thoughtful idea, Nana.  Hope your weekend goes well!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:50:42 PM by Goanna »
Goanna do this...
Goanna do that!

Offline Q

• Tyre Kicker
  • Don't follow me cos you won't make it
  • Vehicle Make: Ford
  • Vehicle Model: Maverick
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »
So, we had an amazing time up at Mt Barney.
It started with Q meeting up with Tom at Rathdowney and making our way up to Mt Barney.
Mick and Sandy showed up a little later on Friday arvo (just after Tom and myself had picked up all the timber for the fire) lol.
Upon arrival Sandy had the kettle on (Under the bonnet that is).
So Tom, Mick and I set about to establish why, turns out it was the radiator cap.
Mick then went back down the hill and picked up Sam and Neika and a new radiator cap for Sandy.
That night we had a few beverages around the fire and caught up since the last trip.
Saturday morning we woke up and rolled out of our swags, made some breakfast and collected a heap of rocks to build up the fire pit. After piling the pit up we decided to take it easy as Ben hadn't arrived. Shortly after we slowed down for lunch, Ben rolled in with a family who he just happened to see on the road in, Sandy went ahead and showed the family through the cabins and the facilities and they headed back out.
Tom, Mick and I then put a permanent fix on Ben's tractor starting switch.
Then we all headed down to Camp Motley to clear some rocks from the campground. Spent a bit of time down there and collected some more firewood.
Went back up to the fire pit and checked over the pathfinder kettle - during this time Ben had gone back to the front gate and received a call from a couple who were attempting to get a caravan up to the retreat.
So, Tom, Rick Joy and myself set off back down the hill to see where the caravan was stuck.
Get there and see that it was in a pretty precarious position - hitch up to the back of the Maverick and started towing back up the hill.
We got the van and the tow vehicle to a flat spot and then parked it up. Then the fun started, 3 blokes (Tom, Myself and Rick) outside the van ticking off the items that the occupant needed to take back to camp so as not to upset the wife and kids.
We got back to camp shortly after and had some more beverages and it then became a great story to bring the group together.
Woke up Sunday morning and slowly packed up, headed back down the hill where Mick towed the caravan back to the road for the family and we all went home to unpack.
Another great Motley trip and look forward to the next one.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:23:17 PM by Q »
"All care and no responsibility" - My motto and I'm sticking by it

Offline Hangman

• Treasurer/Membership Officer
  • Committee
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: Jackaroo 3.1
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:12:36 AM »
Good job Motleys, Good report Q.
"Wax on Wax off"........... The Karate Kid(1984)