Author Topic: Bellthorpe Day Trip  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Pig dog

• Snr Vice Pres / Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Trip Committee
  • 2WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
Bellthorpe Day Trip
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:36:17 PM »
We had 9 vehicles show up for day trip through Bellthorpe National with Mal hitching a ride with Jeff W. We meet up at Woodford tourist information centre when Poncho roll up telling us he had been to Inskip point the previous night and had pick up a blonde long haired backpacker he thought was a Stephanie but ended up being a Stephan. Yes Mal did rag on him all day.

We left Woodford headed towards Kilcoy then turn onto Stony Creek Rd at the picnic area we air our tyres down then headed across Branch Creek bridge and up Branch Creek road in the rain forest with parts being very lush and beautiful rain forest. We came out of Branch Creek road and turn onto Bellthorpe Road then stop at Brandon's old saw mill for a refreshment break. As you have seen from Mals photos there still some old machinery at the site.

After our refreshment  break and pock around the old saw mill we headed towards Jinma then after a while we took a vote and decided to change our plans and head down the Kennelworth track into Kennelworth coming out just before Kennelworth we head into town for lunch with some of us going to the pub for lunch and rest having lunch in the car park of the cheese factory. Klinger rush into the cheese factory a bought up on cheese something about keeping in the good books with wife.

After lunch we head out of town then back onto the dirt again through the Condale National Park we stop at the car park for a toilet break there was a walk to a water fall but after reading that it was 1.5kms to water fall we all decided to get back on the road and head towards Jinma then Poncho and Mal found some more tracks on the Hema that would take us towards Kilcoy the tracks hadn't been use in a while with an old log bridge to cross on the way.

We came down Ten mile track towards Kilcoy the views from the hill side track were awesome look down into the valley we came out onto Kilcoy Murgan road were we got the compressors out to air the tyres up again as the sun was going down. Then we headed into Kilcoy were we headed back to Brisbane.

It was great to see Neil come out for the day with everything that is going on with Janette and him.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Core
  • Charlie Bear
  • Vehicle Make: Other
Re: Bellthorpe Day Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:30:44 PM »
We meet up at Woodford tourist information centre when Poncho roll up telling us he had been to Inskip point the previous night and had pick up a blonde long haired backpacker he thought was a Stephanie but ended up being a Stephan. Yes Mal did rag on him all day.

i think Chucky may have been giving him just as hard a time as i did mate...lol
Just a heads up...Jeff has changed his signature due to being foolish enough to leave his account logged on when he borrowed my phone.
I preferred his signature i'd written there myself before he changed it...lol
Nice try Grasshopper!!!!!

Offline Chucky13

• Low Ranger
  • QUEENSLANDER QUEENSLANDER QUEENSLANDER
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 08 Navara STX
Re: Bellthorpe Day Trip
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 05:14:29 AM »
Who me? Nah that doesn't sound like me at all 8)
WANNA PLAY?