Author Topic: Highway Thunder - 2012 - Mini Mötley Report  (Read 3123 times)

Tracks

Highway Thunder - 2012 - Mini Mötley Report
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »
We left home super early and met at the shops.  There were loads of cars and more kept coming, and coming, and coming! 

We had to wait a long time for everyone to arrive.  While I waited I got to see lots of people - and I even got to walk a puppy.

I loved playing with Wombat. He put me on his head (shoulders) and took me for a walk to see all the 4wd's, cars, utes, hot rods, trucks and bikes. 

I loved being with wombat - but I wondered why he didn't bring his shoes. I thought it was hilarious! 

I also saw a policeman and Boxxy got to get in the car and do an announcement for the policeman.

Then we had to wait and listen to a boring lady do her talk - then suddenly Daddy was saying "quick - get in the car! We are about to go"

There was a traffic jam for a little while, but then we were driving.  We lighted up our engines, and followed the police bike. 

I loved seeing all the 4wd's in front of us and all the cars and trucks behind us.

When we got to the show grounds I was so excited to see the jumping castle and getting to jump everywhere with the other kids. I also loved the animal farm.  I liked patting the animals.

I liked seeing the policemen and the rural firefighters (the yellow ones).  They let me spray their hose - but they wouldn't let me spray the hot rod beside us. I then went to see the "real" firemen. (The Red Ones). I got to sit in the fire truck and pretend to drive. It was brilliant.

We then went for a walk to see all the cars and found the Motley tent.  I then spent ages helping to scrunch up tickets with the ladies and having a chat.

Then we went on the train for a drive around - I loved seeing all the Mötley Crew cars all lined up - it was brilliant. I loved being on the train as a family and waving to the people walking past. 

Then we saw a magic show - which was a little bit boring but they tore up pieces of paper and then put them back together again.

We had lots of fun together and we had a super fun time with the Motleys

Then we had to do the long drive home again.

Thank you Boxxy for doing such a great job organising the drive.

I loved having fun with Boxxy and Wombat and all of the other kids - even the ones that didn't have Motley Crew shirts on!

Hopefully we get to go again next year.

Alex Gordon
"Mini Tracks"
Age 4 1/2 years.

Offline Oldmate

• Low Ranger
  • Vehicle Make: Other
Highway Thunder - 2012 - Mini Mötley Report
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »
The best trip report I have read all year!!!

Offline Kris

• Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Toyota
  • Vehicle Model: Landcruiser
Re: Highway Thunder - 2012 - Mini Mötley Report
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »
Sensational report... how much does Alex charge - I might get him to do my trip reports from now on!!!!!

Cloutys

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:35:02 PM »
Top report Alex... Best of the year by far.

Tracks

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »
Kris

We have consulted Alex and he says he charges $100.00 for a report and an extra $80.00 if you want photos too.

Alternatively he would accept a toy truck or any other small toy.

Offline boxxy

• Motley Member
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Mazda
  • Vehicle Model: BT50
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT !!!!!!!
I am the king of my castle - when Mrs Boxxy is not at home

Offline Chuckanoo

• Low Ranger
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: 2000 Holden Jackaroo 3Ltr (4JX1)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »
I reckon it's good enough to have published in 4WD Action  :)

Though they might not publish it, for I reckon it's possibly better than some of their articles they have now  :))
A life lived in 2WD is a life half lived!