Author Topic: Cameron Corner and Beyond  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Hangman

• Treasurer/Membership Officer
  • Committee
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: Jackaroo 3.1
Cameron Corner and Beyond
« on: July 09, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »

Trip Leader: Pig Dog

Attendees: Hangman, Goanna, Ross

Saturday 24 June

This trip was 12 months in the planning for Tom who had attempted the trip last year but was foiled by mechanical failure. I could not do the trip last year but was good to go this year after being able to get Project Jackaroo completed with in the 6 months since I started. So Tom was prepared with Andrew to ride shotgun in Tom's Patrol. My neighbour Ross was keen to do the trip with me so we packed the Jackaroo and left Redcliffe at 5.30am. It was a fine morning.

We met up with Tom and Andrew at BP Haigslea at 6.45am. As Ross & I drove in the Patrol had its bonnet up and Tom had a grim face. Oh dear! another mechanical failure. Apparently it had no power and would not get top speed. Decision time, call it again or go and get Andrew's Ranger and follow on. Tonight's drive was to a free camp at Ward River near Charleville along the Warrego Highway some 645 km.

So Ian and Ross continued travelling. Breakfast at Dalby Coffee Club and a doughnut from Dalby's Doughnut man we continued on. Tom and Andrew returned to Booval to swap the gear from the Tom's Patrol into the Andrew's Ranger. They were able to get back on the Warrego Highway by 10am. While coming up the Toowoomba Range the Ranger went pop and billows of smoke left Tom with that grim face but Andrew knew what the problem was and quickly fixed the problem A silicone hose to the intercooler from the turbo had blown off . Problem solved and they were under way again.  Ian and Ross stopped for lunch at Roma at 1 pm. Refuelled here $1.28/L.

By now Tom and Andrew were 2 hours behind us. After lunch we were 40km west of Roma and as we came into Muckadilla the motor on the Jackaroo started to run away. I pulled over and could not see the problem immediately. So I decided to turn around and head back to Roma.     

The Jackaroo was now overheating while doing 120+ km/hr and eventually boiled. So I had to pull over and let the motor cool and refilled the radiator with water. It was here that I noticed the idle screw on the front of the pump had loosened and wound itself in so the accelerator cable was not able to come back to idle, an easy fix. I removed the screw. It was here I noticed the fan which has a viscous coupling was not working properly hence the overheating. Topping up the radiator we continued west but could only managed 85 km/hr to keep the engine temperature down. It was a long drive to Charleville arriving there at 6.10pm. I refuelled here $1.29/L.

At the servo only 1 diesel pump was working. The servo operator says they had been very busy today with lots of people heading to Birdsville, the Big Red Bash was on next weekend. It was now dark and we would be camping on the Ward River 17km west of Charleville. So we had a shower here and by the time we were finished Tom and Andrew arrived making good time to catch us. Making calls home to give our families a report of the day's adventures we then headed out to camp. The camp is on the Ward River near the boat ramp. It is a bush camp site but very pleasant spot for a weary traveller. After dinner we sat and discussed the day's event and looking forward an uneventful day tomorrow. We went to bed under a perfect western starry sky

Sunday 25 June

The day started a 6am with day break and the birds calling. It was another clear fine day. Overnight I had an idea to fix the fan viscous coupling with wire so the fan was solid which I was able to do with fencing wire.

We set off after breakfast with my fan rubbing on the radiator cowling. Thankfully this settled after a few kilometres. We headed west with today's destination to be Cooper's Creek just 10km before Windorah. The bitumen starts to get narrow from Charleville and quite a bit rougher. We stopped a Quilpie briefly for the bakery and Andrew refuelled. The bakery apparently was owned by a female shearer who could shear 287 sheep in a day and according to Andrew she could make a good pie.

We continued to Thylungra Station rest area for our lunch stop. There is quite a good set up here beside a billabong. After lunch it was an easy run to Coopers Creek where we there were quite a few stopped here overnight. Camping is allowed either side of the creek .

Andrew and I braved the cold water and had a swim in Coopers Creek. It was very refreshing. Coopers Creek was named by Sturt after a judge in South Australia. Andrew was able to fix the gas leak in the stove. Tom had bought a new gas hose which was leaking around a fitting. Thankful for some Rescue Tape and hose clamp the stove was working again safely. It would provide invaluable on those colder mornings when the butane stoves just will not boil water. We had an early night here, it was very peaceful despite all the other travellers.

Monday 26 June

What a great spot overnight. By 6.30am we were awake with whistle of the kestrels but the sunrise was not until 7 am and another beautiful day. It was great to get some pictures of the sunrise over Coopers Creek.

Breakfast done and we were packed up and ready to roll at 8.30am. It was a short trip into Windorah to fuel up. I refuelled here $1.57/L.  We had bitumen to the Bedourie/ Birdsville junction where we aired down. Once on dirt we travelled to the Innamincka turn off and turned to Haddon's Corner. The turn off to the corner was some 40km along and another 15km in from the main road to a single marker to show the corner of South Australia and Qld.

Arriving at Haddon's Corner at 11.30am we did the compulsory pictures. Shortly after a large group from Brisbane arrived so we left them to it.

We pushed onto Deon's Lookout for lunch which was quite spectacular. Once again well serviced with shelter shed and dry dump toilet. The vastness of this landscape is amazing and to quote Molly “ do your self a favour” and get out here and have a look.

After lunch we continued on toward Birdsville with patches of bitumen over the few sand dunes on the landscape. We were about 15 km from Birdsville when I got a blow-out on the rear so we need to change the tyre and I noticed my engine temperatures rising again. My wire fix had broken and the fan was free spinning again. Once we got into Birdsville I was able to get a replacement A/T tyre for $250 from Barnsey fitted but not balanced thankful it was on the rear. Ouch but at least I had a spare. We refuelled here $1.60/L. The caravan park was just across the road so we checked in and camped down by the water. There were a few camped here being the last stop before the Simpson Desert.

After set up camp, it was beer o'clock and we were able to phone home and check in with our partners because we all had mobile reception. After a long warm shower we headed to the pub for a beer and meal. I had the lasagne which was average but I did not need to cook. The schooners of Northern were $8 here.  Ross showed us the international space station cross over the sky at 7.28pm before it disappeared behind some clouds. After eating we had a few beers and gathered around the fire outside. By 9pm we were the only ones left outside so Tom and I had a beer inside at the bar.

After a merry walk home I discovered I had lost my car keys. So we traced our steps back to the pub. Thankfully we found them 200m from camp in the dirt. Lesson learnt I will leave keys at the camp in future. Once back at camp and car unlocked we had a beer night cap and turned in for another night under a slightly cloudy sky.

Tuesday 27 June

It was very mild overnight with a few spits of rain but a good sleep. Once the sun was up at 7.30am the day began with noise in the camp. We had a rest day today so I attempted to fix my fan again, Andrew chased up a new battery for the fridge, Ross did the tourist walk around town and Tom did the house keeping washing , ironing and dishes. Tom reckons he is not doing the washing any day when it's “sheet day” clothes line rage is worse than boat ramp rage. Ask Tom about “sheet day”? By 11am we were all back at camp so we headed out to Big Red. I had a different fix for the fan which failed more on this shortly. Andrew has a new AGM battery which is working. Ross has a heap of pictures and memories. Tom got all the house work done.

Once we headed out to Big Red my fan fix had failed so I drove slowly to Big Red. The engine temperature would be ok if I drove at 80km/hr which is all you can do on the dirt roads here. Ok I decided to try rescue tape and jam the free turning fan. This was the only way I could attempt Big Red. While I was wrapping the fan with tape we watched several vehicles attempt the harder track and failed. After I used 2/3 of the roll of Rescue Tape the fan was firm and working better than the wire fix. I aired down to 10psi locked the hubs selected low 2nd  and had a run at the climb. Up, up climbed the Jackaroo made it with out breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately I forgot to turn right at the top and ended up looking down a very steep uneven descent. Oops. So hanging on top of Big Red a little excited but embarrassed Andrew was coming to my rescue but unfortunately he could not make the shorter climb to me. We aired him down more and got the Ranger down. Luckily I was able to borrow some recovery boards from a group crossing the Simpson via the Madigan Line. I love these boards the Jackaroo jumped back out. Big Red conquered done and dusted. Pictures done we left the red giant for another day.

Ok, Big Red done it was lunch time so back to the bakery for a pie or two. This was my second to do, a curried camel pie from Birdsville Bakery. I must say it was a little disappointing but I have had a curried camel pie. The bakery was a good spot to visit, there is plenty to see here with memorabilia.

After lunch we drove out to the Burke and Wills tree and drove across the old Diamantina crossing. Back into camp and we spent the afternoon checking pictures and writing reports. Tomorrow we would be heading for Innamincka. Another night at the pub for  dinner and a few beers. Tonight I had the Beef Schnitzel which was great and what I expect from a pub meal. It was now 8pm and a sudden gust of wind and dust started what was to be another eventful night.

We headed back to camp, there were up to 20 knot winds and many campers were back at camp tying down items. I heard 2 stories of chairs blown into the fire while people got up to tie something else down. I wanted to take down my awning which thankfully I had tied down earlier. Once everything was secure we headed to bed . Tom and I were secure in our swags but Andrew's tent was not as secure and overnight filled with dust and dirt. Ross's swag was not secure so he spent the night in the front seat of the Jackaroo to avoid the dust.

Wednesday 28 June

I awoke at 1.30am for a little wee walk and it was still blowing but not as hard. We had planned to leave early this morning hoping to make Innamincka after lunch so we would have time to visit the grave sites of Burke and Wills. I awoke again at 6.30am and the wind was gone and it was fine. There were some clouds on the horizon but it was a beautiful morning considering the windy night. There were a few spots of rain overnight. Everything was very dusty so we packed up and headed up to the camp kitchen.

After breakfast and wash up, we left for the bakery to grab some bread rolls before heading out on the Birdsville Track. It was 8.30am when we left .

The track was wet down just enough to settle the dust it was an easy run to Walkers Crossing turn off some 110km south. The track marked by a 44 gallon drum. Another group of 3 had caught up to us so we let them go on. We aired down to 25psi. It was now 10am. There were dark clouds on the horizon where we were headed.

The first 30km of the track weaved through sand dunes and was an easy drive. As we came to the first gas well the road was more noticeably wet and slippery. We came across another vehicle headed the opposite direction. He gave us a road ahead report which was not good. Innamincka had had 10mm rain over night. We got to Walkers Crossing easily but the road from here steadily became more wet with patches of water. The bridge over Walkers Crossing was closed but there was no water in the creek. For the next 180km and 5 hours we drove Hi 4wd, 2nd or 3rd gear. There was now drizzling rain. Just north of Walkers Crossing on a rise 2 vehicles towing caravans were camped up in the middle of the road unable to make the slippery climb or back down without jack knifing. There had food and water and were happy to wait it out.

The road tracks were very wet and slippery. We continued driving not wanting to stop. I had the Jackaroo sideways 3 times due to speed and lack of concentration. The most speed I could managed was 50km/hr. Once we arrived at Innaminka all the roads were closed so we were here to stay. I fuelled up $1.70/L. My economy is usually 12L/100km today it was 17L/100km. The Jackaroo was covered in mud from the A pillar back. There were plenty for other travellers here, from campers to caravans. The town common was busy and very wet so the decision was to find a cabin in town. 

Cabins at the pub were full so we found another set of cabins called Coopers Creek Home Stay Accommodation run by Chris and Ali who had bought the business from their parents. It was very comfortable and at this stage very dry. There were numerous others stranded here who had come from every direction. Everyone had a story to tell about their travels. It was still raining so we sat on the veranda and had a beer while other wet and weary travellers arrived. Frank and Judy were the last to arrive at 8pm. They were towing a camper and had come from Cameron Corners, the last few kilometres into Innamincka were a battle with towing. They had joined up with 3 others on the track. Luckily Kim from the mechanical workshop was also out on the road and helped them into town. They were thankful to arrive. We slept well tonight.

Thursday 29 June 

The rain had stopped by 8pm last night but the roads had been closed in every direction from Innamincka so we settled in for a day in Innaminka. The sun was shining but it was cold, very cold with a light breeze but good to dry the tracks.  We walked around town checked the Info Centre, the cemetery, the common. Most people were washing windscreens and cleaning out the mud which I did as well but otherwise it was a relaxing day. This delay put us a day behind and Tom had that grim look on his face. Would we make Cameron Corner? We were talking about heading out tomorrow as the road was now open to 4wds but still closed from Merty Merty to Cameron Corner and would be for several more days. So we planned a different route through the Bore Track and into Epsilon Station to Cameron Corner. We had discussed this alternative trip with Mal and Linda from Sydney and they were keen to join us.

As the day ended we headed to the pub for dinner. I had eaten here 4 years ago and was disappointed. It appears now the outback experience is talking to a back packer from Ireland and has only been here 3 weeks who can pour a flat cool beer. Tonight it was lamb shanks and once again I was disappointed. So we headed back to the home stay and Andrew decided with Linda's recipe to make a damper. It was a disaster to say the least but Ali  rescued it. Yum a Camembert damper for dessert. After a few good stories some red wine and we headed to bed.

Friday 30 June

It was an early start today, we had Cameron Corner as our destination today and unsure of the track ahead. Heading out at 8.30am Qld time we visited Burke's grave it was 156 years virtually to the day since Burke died here at Cooper's Creek. From  here we headed to the northern section of the Bore Track and headed south. Travelling across the Qld border it was an easy run through the Epsilon station track. A couple had broken the A frame on their camper trailer while crossing a bore drain so we helped them unhitch the trailer so they could continue onto Innamincka. We made Cameron Corner by 1 pm so had lunch here. The track to Merty Merty was still closed so several travellers were waiting it out here not wanting to go south or travelling the lesser tracks.

After a great lunch we headed into NSW to Tibooburra. Unfortunately within 20km the Jackaroo started to overheat again. I pulled over and the radiator was leaking near the top tank thanks to Mal and Linda and some black pepper that seemed to fixed the problem. We continued on to Tibooburra the pepper did the job no further leak. We had stopped to help another group with at Tvan which had jumped off its hitch here we met a local Kabong, great guy with a fix for any problem says the pepper was a good idea.  Once in Tibooburra I needed to see the original Cameron  Corner post at the Info centre which I saw, it was a wooden post.

We stopped in at  the Family pub which has had a renos over the last 12 months and several of the lewd pictures have been removed but will be slowly restored to the new wall. I refuelled here $1.40 /L and picked up some Radiator Fix. Now onto  Milparinka. It was “skippy” o'clock by now but with no trees it was easy to see the kamikaze roos. We arrived at Milparinka by 5 pm.

Stopping at the pub we met Phil the publican who showed us the camping area behind the courthouse, showers in the pub and dinner starts at 6pm. We met up with Kabong again, he said he will be staying here tonight because his wife Jen worked here behind the bar. We camped down on the creek. Set up done we headed up to the pub for dinner. Let me say this what is the best about the bush. Spending some time with a group of Aussies making the best of times. Phil is one of those bush characters who can do it all. We spent a few hours being entertained with he egg + glass tricks and some karaoke from the ladies. We partied on to the early hours. There was bar dancing and hoot scootin until the early hours. Tom and I called it quits at midnight too much for this old dog. I had a shower and we headed back to camp.

Saturday 1 July   

It was cool this morning and still quite moist with a lot of condensation on the swags but it was a fine day. After breakfast and pack up, we shared some stories from the night. We moved back up to the restoration of Milparinka. There are regularly people staying here now to share stories of the once thriving township. So far the Courthouse and Police Station have been restored. The Post Office is still standing and will be next to do. The bakery and bank are just rumble but are marked out. From here we travelled out to Depot Glen where Stuart had his camp for some time. His second in charge James Poole died here with scurvy and is buried under a Grevilla tree with initials” JP  1845” carved in the trunk. It is only a short drive to Mt Poole and a 30 minute hike to the top where Stuart had his men build a rock cairn to break the boredom. The view from here is great, an endless horizon.

At this point we said our goodbyes to Mal and Linda who would be travelling back to Broken Hill from here. We planned to maybe do a catch trip next year. So guys drop me a line ian.lynch@optusnet.com.au. We headed back to Tibooburra for lunch but my engine temperatures were up again so we stopped in town and noticed the radiator was leaking again. I added the leak fix we had bought yesterday and had an early lunch while it set. After lunch no further sign of leaks so we headed out. I had also noticed at this stage when I accelerated the Jackaroo would wobble in the rear but thought it was the mixed tyres on the rear now on the bitumen in town. The dirt roads here were much better so we had aired up a little.

About 30km from Tibooburra my engine temperature was up again so I pulled over. There was no leak but the  radiator was low so we decided to check the thermostat. It was open and not blocked so I removed it and while  doing so damaged the old gasket now there was a leak. We sent Andrew back to town to get some silicone to seal the housing. When he returned the only silicone was household which he did not get. A passing mechanic   traveller said that would do the job so Andrew returned to town to get it. While we waited we knocked off mud and dried out the awning. When he did get back he had some Gasket Glue which was perfect. I removed the thermostat because I noticed it still had not closed while cooling down.

No leaks great but we had lost 2 hours and able to get back under way it was now 4.30pm “skippy o'clock”. They were every where. We pushed on into the night. Goats, roos and probably the worse rough dirt road we had encountered  with patches of mud. My rear end was noticeably worse, Andrew's stock headlights on the Ranger we very average we made it into Wanaaring by 7pm. We pulled in behind the General Store. It was a beautiful patch of grass with toilet/showers and mining camp donger accommodation. Ben and Margaret are farmers from Chinchilla having a break from the farm to run the store/post office here. Once again I just love the western hospitality here.         

We settled in for the night had some dinner lit a fire and chilled out with a beer. There was a family group from Newcastle there, they were headed to Cameron Corner so we shared a story or two with them. They had had a mixed grill for $20 each and the cook told them to get seconds. By 9pm it was time for bed, it was getting quite cool now but we were only 110km short of  Ourimperee Waterhole, Currawinya National Park our original destination tonight so it would be a short day tomorrow.

Sunday 2 July

It was a frosty start this morning, only 0.6* so we had a sleep in. Overnight I decided to do another mod to the fan coupling and to check the rear sway problem. After breakfast and pack up I had a look at the rear and found the right rear trailing arm bolt had come out. I had lost the nut but the bolt was caught on the sliders. Easy fix, the bolt pushed straight in zip ties and tie wire to keep the bolt in place, some one probably did not torque it up when he fitted the rock sliders. Dooh. Now the fan, Ben had a large hose clamp which I fixed around the rescue tape and tightened down, BOOM, a sold fan again. We refuelled here $2.00/L and it cost $15/car unpowered camping. We headed to Hungerford the rear solid and engine temperature cool.

There were still some patches of mud but the road was quite good back to Qld. Once in Hungerford we headed out to Currawinya National park which starts just outside the town common. We collected some wood here. After a 15km drive we turned into The Granites, a granite belt of boulders similar to those a Stanthorpe. The boulders are a short walk from the car park.

We then headed to the wool shed complex which has been disused for several years since 1991 but left as is. The old diesel motor still there but converted to electric in more recent times. We had lunch here, the place to ourselves and imagined how busy the complex would be in the height of shearing.

It is a short drive to the camping ground area beside the Paroo River. There are cold water showers here but the toilets are back at the wool shed complex. There is a large Bilby enclosure here 25 square kilometres but no public access is given just an info board. We found a camp spot on the river and set up camp in the daylight today. Fire started, a comfortable chair by the river and a cold beer, what can get better than this? A couple of marinated pork chops and vegies in the fire that just capped it off. A bloke and 3 kids arrived late afternoon and set up near us so I invited them over. He is a cocky from a beef farm in Moyhu near Wangaratta, Victoria on a road trip to Lawn Hill. It was a good night with stories around the fire  and a little ukulele solo.

Monday 3 July

Overnight it had rained a little, the ground was damp and patches were slippery. It was not too cold overnight and it was another beautiful day with clear skies. We left the camp a 8.15am just to stop briefly at the wool shed for more pictures then we looked in at the old Caiwarro Homestead site on the northern end of the park. Today was a long drive to Nindigully so we set out through to Eulo. There were more patches of mud. At Eulo  I stopped in to ask about a plaited belt and the lady there says they had 9mm rain overnight night. Tom met up with a cousin who does honey in Eulo. We chatted for a while and looked at their honey separator. Back on the road into Cunnamulla for lunch, a pie at the bakery. We had some phone reception again so a call home to let every one know where we were and to expect us home on Tuesday. Refuelled here $1.33/L. Now the long drive to St George, endless paddocks with numerous emus. Once in St George we turned toward Goondiwindi and headed to Nindigully Pub. We arrived there at 4pm.

On arrival there was a sea of caravans and a few campers. The council offers few camping here for 1 week. There are public toilets and the pub has showers for a donation to RFDS. So I guess it is a great attraction to the grey nomads. We found a dirt patch and set up for our last night. By 6pm we headed up for a few beers. We tried Moonie Mud which the pub has brewed by Coca Cola, it was a good drop. The Nindigully Gold more a bitter lager similar to XXXX. So we ordered the Road train burger at 6.15pm and after 7.30 we got this burger with chips to share. Between the 4 of us and a local “seagull” who helped himself to some chips we got it done. I will say it is the biggest burger I've seen but far from the best. After a JD and coke it was off to bed, it was a quiet night tonight.

Tuesday 3 July

We awoke to the sound of the highway with trucks starting to move. A few campers got away early. The pack up was very wet this morning but done. A big breakfast and we were under way to Goondiwindi where we refuelled, $1.28/L. We continued onto Warwick for lunch while Andrew and Tom left. Arriving home at 4pm. After 11 days on the road it was time to unpack and wash. We travelled 4071 km and used 488L diesel.

Once again the end of a great trip. Adventures at every turn. The highlights for me were seeing Birdsville, conquering Big Red, driving Walkers Crossing in the wet, Milparinka Pub Friday night, standing on Mt Poole again and meeting up with some great people not to mention the time I shared with a group of great mates. The disappointments were how commercialised Birdsville has become and a great trip coming to an end.

Ian Lynch

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:48:07 PM by Hangman »
"Wax on Wax off"........... The Karate Kid(1984)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Core
  • Charlie Bear
  • Vehicle Make: Other
Re: Cameron Corner and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
Nice read mate, sounds like quite the adventure with the mechanical issues you all had...look forward to seeing the pics 8)
Just a heads up...Jeff has changed his signature due to being foolish enough to leave his account logged on when he borrowed my phone.
I preferred his signature i'd written there myself before he changed it...lol
Nice try Grasshopper!!!!!

Offline Pig dog

• Snr Vice Pres / Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Committee
  • 2WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »

It was a great trip I know I will have ever lasting memories. :) :) :) :)

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
  • Vehicle Make: Ford
  • Vehicle Model: PJ Ranga
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:14:01 AM »
That trip was an memorable adventure, with some terrific blokes for company.  Excellent write-up, Ian.

Goanna do this...
Goanna do that!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Core
  • Charlie Bear
  • Vehicle Make: Other
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »
Hey Ian...photobucket is no longer a free service, if you want to use their site to host pics through them you need to pay $400 for the privilege...it changed whilst you were on holidays. All my old trip reports are useless now, all the pics are gone from them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:53:10 PM by Rumpig »
Just a heads up...Jeff has changed his signature due to being foolish enough to leave his account logged on when he borrowed my phone.
I preferred his signature i'd written there myself before he changed it...lol
Nice try Grasshopper!!!!!

Offline Hangman

• Committee
  • Hard Core
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:26:21 PM »
OK, pics added that work. Thanks Mal, it looks like my previous trip reports a done as well I have used photobucket as well. This time I used imgbb but can not adjust the image size. These are the thumb nail images.
Cheers

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »
Like the pics, Ian.

Just had an idea... when embedding the images, try appending width=400 (or thereabouts), within the opening IMG tag.
So the result will look like this, for example.....

Looks YUMMY now!
Goanna do this...
Goanna do that!

Offline Hangman

• Committee
  • Hard Core
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »
Like the pics, Ian.

Just had an idea... when embedding the images, try appending width=400 (or thereabouts), within the opening IMG tag.
So the result will look like this, for example.....

Looks YUMMY now!

Thx Andrew tried that did not work. I am going to redo all my previous trip reports and this one as a pdf so it will look better.

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »
Yes, PDF is a good idea.
Goanna do this...
Goanna do that!

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 12:46:56 PM »
Birdsville & Beyond photos, on Flickr
  • Warning: LOTS of pictures ahead!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:27:17 PM by Goanna »
Goanna do this...
Goanna do that!

Offline Pig dog

• Snr Vice Pres / Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Committee
  • 2WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »

You have some great photos Andrew.

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »
Thanks Tom! That adventure was so just EPIC that I got home with 1200+ pics. Which adds up to quite a lot of happy hours of photo processing.  But it's nice to to have those images to look back on.
Goanna do this...
Goanna do that!

Offline Goanna

• Motley Member
  • 2WD Class
  • I'm Goanna do it
    • Goanna's photos
Cameron Corner and Beyond - KMZ Route Map
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:42 PM »