Author Topic: Mt Barney Retreat  (Read 675 times)

Offline Pig dog

• Snr Vice Pres / Trip Co-Ordinator
  • Trip Committee
  • 2WD Class
  • Have 4x4 and do like to explore
  • Vehicle Make: Nissan
  • Vehicle Model: 2004 patrol
Mt Barney Retreat
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »

I got the message on Thursday that we couldn't  go up to Mt Barney as the rural fire brigade were doing a burn off on the weekend so the weekend was a wash. After a few phone calls and text messages Jay, Wombat, Micheal, Sandy and myself decided we needed a weekend away so we decided to head out to Andrew Drynan Park on Lions rd.

We all meet up at Hungary Jacks at Beaudesert on Friday afternoon and headed out to Andrew Drynan. After setting up our camp and paying our fees we sat around the fire. Micheal showed us his cooking skills by cooking dinner for all of us. I think Micheal and myself were last to go to bed after a few end of the week ales.

Saturday morning was a slow start we decided to take a drive through the Border ranges. Jay stay at the camp with the dogs Wombat jumped into my vehicle Micheal drove his car and Sandy took hers. On the way to the Border ranges we headed through O Grady's road with five creek crossings. Sandy brought out her Badnanna driving skills through the crossings with water coming up over her bonnet and windscreen.

We drove through the Border ranges stopping off at the lookout to take in the views. Just before the Kiogle road we turn around and head back through the ranges to head back to camp site. Again we drove down O Grady's road and Badnanna show off her creek crossing skills.

Before getting  into camp Wombat and myself headed to a local farm to buy some wood. The farmer must have left his glasses at the house because he asked me how the Range Rover drives. I quickly corrected him that it was a patrol. It became the weekend joke every time we saw a patrol.

After lunch we played a game of cards against humanity and a few drinks and nibbles. We lit the fire before sunset and sat around watching the sunset. It was my turn to cook dinner so I took the easy option and made spaghetti bog. We had a few more drinks around the fire and went to bed.

Sunday morning was a bit cool early in the morning but once the sun came up we soon warmed up. We waited for our camping gear dry the due off to pack up and headed back to Brisbane.

Offline Hangman

• Treasurer/Membership Officer
  • Committee
  • Hard Core
  • Vehicle Make: Holden
  • Vehicle Model: Jackaroo 3.1
Re: Mt Barney Retreat
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
Sounds like a great relaxing week end mate. Thanks for sharing
"Wax on Wax off"........... The Karate Kid(1984)